Hydro excavation is the science of digging with water. It is a safe, non-destructive digging technology used to service utilities, local authorities, commercial, and industrial facilities.
Underground is crowded with pipes, ducts, electrical cables, fiber-optics and telecommunication lines- all vying for space and increasingly being laid in multi-utility trenches.
Our hydro excavation equipment uses pressurized water and a powerful vacuum to safely and cleanly expose any ground condition. This hydro excavation system eliminates the risk of damaging existing underground infrastructure, and minimizes the impact on the surrounding environment.
Hydro excavation is faster and safer than hand digging and mechanical digging, with a much smaller footprint on the surrounding environment. This results in faster turnaround times.
Common uses for hydro excavation include:
- Utilities - locate and repair
- Light and telephone pole base installation
- Entry and exit pits for no-dig technology (e.g. thrusting, directional drilling)
- Facilities maintenance including drilling mud removal
- Internal excavation of hard to reach areas, including pump stations
- Industrial clean up such as grit and ballast removal